Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

35" best on road ride lift kit

9K views 38 replies 21 participants last post by  emev0l 
#1 ·
Okay, need some help. I am buying a TJ and want to put 35s on it. This will be a DD so need a great on road ride and want to do well off road. Suggestions would be appreciated thanks,

Would like low cost, mid cost, and high cost, thanks all.

Shaun

#4 ·
Bottom: DIY high line which fit 35" cost time, effort, a little blood even and perhaps $20

Lower: DIY high line 2.5-3" RC lift 35"-37" $395 give or take

Mid: 4"+1.25 body lift 35" 500-$1000

Upper: (plenty to choose) from 4-6" +$1000

To do it again, I would start with a high line.

#15 ·
Adding OME springs and shocks makes it an OME lift.:shhh:It's a Jeep and not a Caddy.I get sick of people wanted a"short bus" Jeep to ride like a "Stretched limo." I've had and rode in Jeeps with all types of lifts from OME to LA and none of them rode like a car! It's a freaking Jeep.Love it or leave it.:2thumbsup:

#24 ·
You may want to look at 33s if you don't want to spend a lot of money. 35s with all the proper modifications to run 35s can easily run 6-10K. You need to think about steering upgrades, brake upgrades, gears, drive line upgrades, maybe flares depending on state. It much harder to get the 35s than just lift and tires.

#25 ·
^^^ agreed.

A TJ locked on 33s is extremely capable. The recent wave of everyone having 35s and larger when people are running the same trails near stock without damage is getting old. Now for those of you wheeling the big rocks, thats another story. 33s is essentially the most bang for your buck.

#27 ·
Thanks all.

I want a jeep that is still comfortable, nothing wrong with both worlds. I have about 10-15k to spend on mods for my jeep and trying to get together mod list. Looks like Currie route is the best from what is being said. I want 35s because I like the look and I WILL be taking this off road. Axles are in that price, but trying to decide if I should do D44, 8.8, or just say screw it and put D60's on it(money is the factor with the D60s).

#28 ·
Thanks all.

I want a jeep that is still comfortable, nothing wrong with both worlds. I have about 10-15k to spend on mods for my jeep and trying to get together mod list.
You should not have a problem with run 35's on that budget. Heck you should be able to completly armour, cage, and axles for that much if you look around and do it right. I wish I had that kinda of many to put into mine, of course I would spend 5k on mods and the rest to pay it off. Good luck. If I were you I would go wheel it first stock. Me and my wife have fun wheeling ours through some of the " easy " trails and watching others beat on theirs. We upgrade and and do harder trails as money permits.

#29 ·
Yeah, that's why I wanted some input. I have read through almost all the TJ forum but its hard to pull together information when you do not know much. I want to do it right the first time:) So input is appreciated on HOW to spend that budget, maybe I should make a new thread.

#30 ·
just a few to get you started for 35's....this not a complete list.

vanco big brakes
currie hd steering
gears
lockers (not needed for 35's)
axle shaft upgrade
Slip Yoke Eliminator
CV driveshaft
speedo gear
ome 2.5 inch springs
adj. control arms
adj track bars.
ome shocks (dont skimp on the shocks if you want a good ride)

metal cloak fenders
tire carrier for the spare ( 35's will not work on the tail gate)

Everybody will do things differently. The search function will be your friend. Take your time and read as much as possible and search before you post a question...9 times out of 10 it has been covered. Good luck and post a picture when you get our jeep.

#32 ·
You may also want to look through the picture section of the Forums. Its common for people to ask to see pics of a TJ w35s. You will find that their are a number of was to accomplish what " YOU " want ,what has worked and what is over kill. Look at the pics and read the profiles and others comments and you will learn some more about what you want.

#39 ·
AEV 4.5" front springs

AEV 3" rear springs

AEV rear spring relocators (adds 1.5" of lift and straightens out the rear coils)

Bilstien shocks

Currie control arms

I can't say enough about this setup, I run 35's and put 50+ miles a day on my jeep.

No jeep will ride like a Cadillac when it's sitting on 35" mud tires.

You have to play with the tire pressure to get a good ride, if your running 40psi in a 35" tire it's going to ride like crap, start with 25psi and jump up and down a few psi to see what you like.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.