Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

you know you drive a YJ when.....

2M views 14K replies 3K participants last post by  cap6302 
#1 ·
a blanket is manditory winter driving equipment

#4,474 ·
You know you drive a YJ when

It's 100 degrees out, and you look lovingly down at the air conditioner setting only to remember that you don't have air conditioning.

You have to tell all your friends why there's a tree shaped dent in the hood and a fender that doesn't match the body color. (Don't worry, I wasn't the one that did it :D)

You know where each individual squeaky noise is coming from.

All your highschool friends complain "Why don't you just buy a brand new one"
And the adults envy the glorious four wheeled tank you own.

#4,486 ·
When you are shocked at the size of the oil puddle underneath, and yet she still is in the "safe" zone on the dipstick...

When you sit at the drive through and proceed to eliminate the local bug population from the oil burnoff... and you almost feel bad for the poor sap behind you with his windows down when you take off again.

#4,492 ·
When you can't afford to buy a working AX15 so you buy a core, a rebuild kit, a bearing press, and proceed to learn how to rebuild a transmission :eek:

It's been a long day folks.

Jake :tea:

#4,493 ·
When you rebuild your 258 and less than 5000 miles later think about building a stroker because you were hoping the poor performance was due to a lack of compression.

I am looking for a 4.0 in the Atlanta area.

#4,494 ·
when you give up on re-adjusting your mirrors everytime you shut the door.

#4,497 ·
When your wife thinks it's awesome that you are going four-wheeling on your wedding day.

#4,536 ·
Obviously, you haven't taken Physics.

The terminal velocity of the square headlights is directionally preportional to the force of gravity decelerating the front wheels while the alternator is spinning at 3000 rpm's, minus the friction of the bumper pushing against the airflow with the 13 volt current the steering column is using during the time the vacuum motor is disengaged, but the mirrors must be directionally angled from the driver's window because the hood latches deflect the light refractioning down through the Nitrogen coat on the hood.

#4,504 ·
You know you drive a YJ when you get to drive a TJ and it's like riding in a cramped Cadillac.

#4,513 ·
How true. I drove my wives ZJ the other day and could not believe how quiet, powerful, and smooth it was lol. I know it never felt like that before I got my YJ so it must just be perspective.

#4,516 ·
when you get pulled over and when you get the registartion out of the glove box for the cop you just take the glove box door off.

when the cop says you didnt use your turn signal and you tell him he probobly didnt see it cuz your winch was in the way and he lets you go. haha

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.