Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Jeep in Transformers 3

19K views 90 replies 67 participants last post by  sjones26573 
#1 ·
#75 ·
so when do the shirts that say "I'm friends with Roll Bar on JeepForum.com" become available? :2thumbsup:

#77 ·
Alright. I have to admit I was one of the haters when I started reading this thread. To me, a Jeep is a barebones utilitarian vehicle that belongs closer to stock than excess. The modifications should match the needs. That's just how I feel. So originally, I thought that Jeep was ridiculous waste of money and a disappointing movie representation of what a Jeep should be.

Read a bit further though, and completely changed my mind.

If you read his Jeepspace, that is his car from when he was 15 years old. That alone gives credibility. He put his time in with it as a trail rig, same as the rest of us. If he wants to retire it to a show rig and keep his baby, that's awesome! *Especially* when you see pictures of the CJ Renegade looking fully restored and trail capable right next to that....unique, bohemouth.

It appears to me that the guy is the true definition of a Jeeper. He just happens to have a monster truck as well. But at least that monster truck was spawned from 23 years of Jeep love.

#78 ·
Anybody heard from the owner???

Below is information stating that this Jeep WILL NOT be in TF3. That this was a publicity stunt to drum up support for it, but that this rollbar will not be in the movie. see below:

Update - Transformers 3: Rollbar Gets The Axe, Confirmations From The Owner
Posted on 08-05-2010 at 08:59 PM by NIBMRatchet

Transformers Fans can cross-out Rollbar from the list of Autobots of Transformers 3 because Nelson; Administrator of MichaelBay.Com, said…

“I've just received official re-confirmation that the Jeep is not in the movie.”

This piece of story began when Nelson simultaneously commented at his site and at ours with..

"It's actually not Rollbar or a TF to being with. This Jeep has nothing to do with the TF3 production as of this moment.

A dedicated fan decided to try his luck at having his Jeep featured in TF3.
It was a publicity stunt on behalf of the owner in which "reportedly" some set people fell for. It never made it into the set. Have you seen images of it being take off the flatbed and getting prepped? No.

Have you notice that most of not all the videos have been mysteriously removed by the studio?”

cypherXR of 2005 Boards, further backed-up Nelson with “Interesting. I do find it a bit odd after speaking to the owner of the Jeep that after he told me "definitively" that it was going to be in the movie, he now says he can't comment on it at this time. Thanks for the clarification on the matter Nelson.”

All we have to say is… Rollbar, Don’t Transform but Roll-Out (Out of the movie, that is).

UPDATE: Following cypherXR's footsteps, many had contacted the owner of the "Rollbar" Jeep. Confirmations are coming in that it is indeed a Publicity Stunt to get the Jeep in the movie and measure Fan Reaction to it. We are saying a special "Thank You" to all of those who contributed to this article with various information by contacting us. Clearly, Rollbar's latest news is not a Misinformation, It seems.

So, Rollbar may not Transform & Roll-Out (as an Autobot) after all.

#82 ·
It's cool they have a Jeep in the movie, but I think they could better represent Jeeps. There were a LOT cooler show Jeeps at the 4wheel parts offroad show that would have been much better. I think this Jeep is just way over the top, even for a movie. Plus how are they going to realistically film high speed scenes? The thing look like it can only go around a corner at 5 miles an hour!

Hope they have a lot of spare axles/shafts on set....

#87 ·
I think its awsome that its going to be in a movie, and that its a yj. the only thing is now we will start seeing alot of other people bying jeeps to do that as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.