Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Need some quick help here.

3K views 79 replies 31 participants last post by  BrandonJames 
#1 ·
I ran across this Jeep that I could trade my Camaro for. Some of you may remember my last post about not being able to decide on what to sell. My camaro or Miata. What are the good and the bass on this Jeep?

Thanks

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/cto/2451300345.html

#4 ·
I am not set on just a Wrangler anymore. I am more open to either now. The Cherokee has more room but they both do have there pros and cons. Im sorry to keep posting links to Jeeps all of the time. I appreciate the help guys.

#6 ·
Back to OP, seems like a reasonable trade, the Jeep is pretty well built. Worth a test drive at least.

#9 ·
If the jeep was lifted and had the work done by Allsouth it should be good underneath as long as the owner has not beaten the **** out of it. Allsouth does very good work, and there shop is just up the road from my house.

BTW I have never seen that XJ reconing stuck rigs off local trails. Like it says in the ad.

#10 ·
other than the axles its seems pretty solid. I would upgrade them soon though. And to the guy saying an xj is not a real jeep. If you jeep is stock I will invite you to come wheel with me and see how far you get. I had an XJ that was pretty much stock and very capable, I now have a wj that I would put money on would outdo a stock wrangler any day of the week.

#12 ·
no not my argument at all. My argument is that if its made by jeep and has jeep on the front of it its a Jeep. Again I will put money on it that a stock wrangler could not do as well as my nearly stock xj. As much as it kills you there are other jeeps out there. That is a stupid aggorant argument. Are you saying that a guy driving a stock DD wrangler has more of a jeep than the guy driving the lifted XJ on 35s? Get out of here. That is the dumbest argument I have ever heard. I could say that unless its a CJ its not a real jeep. Then you dont have a "real" jeep.

#13 ·
Now I feel like I wasted everyones time with this post. I now have a buyer for the Camaro coming as soon as tomorrow to pick her up. I'll have enough money now to buy a Jeep of any style and then build it to my likings. Thanks for the help everyone and I look forward very soon being a first time Jeep owner.

#22 ·
Patriots and the Compass are the BESToffroad vehicles Jeep makes. Your TJ's,CJ's and XJ's can't climb a curb.

You wait and see I will take a Patriot to Potato Salad hill and outwheel all of you. And I will have my daughters Barbie Jeep their to pull me out. AND and it has Jeep written on it. :laugh:

#29 ·
You guys are still using capital J's, that article clearly states "Jeep is an automobile marque of Chrysler." Jeep with a capital J is a brand.

I don't see how I could be errant is not disliking Cherokees and whatnot. You seem rather insecure about your vehicle. If I wanted a Cherokee, I don't think I'd be so up tight about what it is.

#32 ·
Are we really going down this road again? If it says Jeep its a ****ing Jeep. OP looks like a nice trade and a capable JEEP. I never see a superiority complex in the groups that I wheel with and seen Cherokees do some amazing things. This is just sophmoric BS.

#33 ·
If it says Jeep its a ****ing Jeep. OP looks like a nice trade and a capable JEEP. I never see a superiority complex in the groups that I wheel with and seen Cherokees do some amazing things.
Yes, but some people are either to arrogant to realize that, or ther are just too plain dumb.

#35 ·
If it doesn't say Willy's on it and roll on NDT treads, it's not a jeep. Sorry, 95% of the forum, but you drive Jeeps, not jeeps. :rolleyes:

(I can't eye-roll hard enough at that mentality. No, really - I think I sprained my eyeball when I read RX7TT's comments)

#38 ·
#40 ·
^ Been there and eaten that burger. :drool:
By eaten that burger, I mean got 1/4th of the way through it before I gave up and made my coworker help.

#45 ·
BACON-KINI!

#47 ·
My grand wheels with a TJ, We've been able to do everything together.

To the guy in here making a stink, I bet I could outwheel you and your "Jeep" in a stock samurai...

Just because you can't drive a cherokee, dosn't mean its not capable. It shares half the parts your jeep is made out of, so like it or not, for better or worse your both stuck with the pros and cons of chrysler and mopar.

#50 ·
I would put my stocker up against his stocker any day of the week and twice on Sunday...

Course I couldn't touch that XJ but that is another thread...

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.