Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Super Fun Uwharrie Meetup

11K views 230 replies 24 participants last post by  Sarahdactyl 
#1 ·
The official title we created is...

"The Official Topic of the Uwharrie meetup of Unibodied vehicles unless permission otherwise granted by the unibody drivers in charge of the meet up"

Were just kidding though. Anyone is welcome. We are going to be wheeling May 7th, camping that night and continuing the festivities the next day. More details to come about where to meet and everything but hopefully we can get a giant campsite!

It would also be groovy and totally far out to get a rad and gnarly confirmed attendee list. My dad and I are towing, hopefully, both of our jeeps down! Let me know if your in!

1. HaViiK
2. KwrightVT
3. Sarahdactyl
4. Deepskyy
5. WillMcD
6. 240impala
7. JKFuriousd
8. Escout
9. Backdoor Artist

See less See more
#30 ·
Sounds great I'll have to check with the boss and see if she wants
To go.

#31 ·
Hey Yall.
We still can use Arrowhead if you guys really want. I prefer "primitive" camping, but whatever.
If its a must to have bathroom facilities for the wimmenz then Sarah and I will also check on the Hunt Camp, which is right at the entrance to the National Park area and about a mile from the trail head.
As we get closer to the date we also need to make sure everyone has some sort of radio to communicate (handheld or cb) and decide on a dedicated channel. With people arriving at different times and sketchy cell reception, the CB radio will be the best way to get in touch.

The on trail camp spot that we could use is a very big, flat area just off the trail at a merge point between 2 easy trails and 1 intermediate. Plenty of place to put up tents and insta shades, at least 1 fire pit, and a good area to set up a stove/table to eat at.

Looking forward to the trip. URE is pretty cool solo or with a buddy (it stays fairly busy so you are never truly "alone") but I have always had the most fun with a big group (aside from shredding my slip yoke 2 years ago...)

Hopefully it will be dry, but not uber dry drought season already because then the dust is a cast iron *****.

Edit: ****. May 7th is also the Carolina Rebellion concert. Uhmmmmmmmm I may be getting there late that night. I need to assess a few things.

#32 ·
Ok after some consideration...(considering that I will get my *** kicked by Sarah if I skip out) I have decided that I will forego the concert and go wheelin' with the JF.

#33 ·
Andy, since you know so much about it I'll let you handle all the camping stuff :p I just need somewhere we can park our truck and trailer thats about it! I'm planning on picking up a CB ASAP. If I can't get one I can borrow one fo sho'. My group of 3-4 will be all dudes so no potty's needed there.

Thanks Andy! You're #Winning for sure.

#36 ·
Andy, since you know so much about it I'll let you handle all the camping stuff :p I just need somewhere we can park our truck and trailer thats about it! I'm planning on picking up a CB ASAP. If I can't get one I can borrow one fo sho'. My group of 3-4 will be all dudes so no potty's needed there.

Thanks Andy! You're #Winning for sure.
There are a couple of places to park the trailer after you unload.
There is the Eldorado Outpost which has a very large grass parking lot which everyone uses, no charge. It also has a nice service station/restaurant. We usually make an early AM stop there to get water and other supplies.

There is also an unload/parking spot at the trail head.

#34 ·
Got my CB in, just ordered a hammock to sleep in, and I'm going to bring my camp grill and maybe stove so we can cook need be

#35 ·
The thing is, if we all plan to camp together would need to reserve a place considering most of the big spots taken. I am fine camping where ever, I will bring my flag to claim some land for me to use the bathroom :rofl:. I prefer to stay close or on the trail myself.

I am planning on making breakfast Sunday Morning, if any of yall want to join in let me know. I plan on bringing enough bacon, toast, sausage and eggs for at least 6-7 people.

We got CB as well, we will have to set a channel.

#39 ·
The thing is, if we all plan to camp together would need to reserve a place considering most of the big spots taken. I am fine camping where ever, I will bring my flag to claim some land for me to use the bathroom :rofl:. I prefer to stay close or on the trail myself.

I am planning on making breakfast Sunday Morning, if any of yall want to join in let me know. I plan on bringing enough bacon, toast, sausage and eggs for at least 6-7 people.

We got CB as well, we will have to set a channel.
Like deer sausage? Iv go PLENTY of it. If not ill prolly being some anyways so I can cook it up.

#37 ·
Awesome, thanks Andy!

#40 ·
Yea you can, but no lockers = no getting up Daniel so you would have to drive all the way back out, and my D35 has already told me no on the locker issue.
:laugh:

#41 ·
i want to come! im going to try and get everything done on the jeep to make it ready for that kind of trip. thats a good drive for me to get up there, and right now the jeep doesnt like going much over 60 without some issues. if i can get my stuff sorted out im definitely in to come up there and break something

#42 ·
You better be there. If you do go you could prolly meet me in Florence and we follow each other up there. Hurry up and get that stuff done.

#44 ·
Awesome, Will I love deer sausage. Hope you can make it Patrick. How would ya'll be coming from Florence and Charleston?

#45 ·
Im thinking hwy52 all the way. I think it takes us right to it but im not for sure.

#46 ·
Ok cause if yall were coming through the upstate i was going to say yall could follow us up.

#47 ·
I will be making sammiches sunday.

#48 ·
Well hopefully i get paid, otherwise i have to conserve funds and might not be able to make it. as of right now im down to go though! hopefully congress dosent screw up a good weekend hanging out and meeting some fellow jeepers...haha

#49 ·
Bump.

#51 ·
Heck yeah, one month. Gonna start working out the logistical stuff that we need too soon :D

#54 ·
Considering we are looking at a fairly random weekend I do not see an issue (so long as we get there early enough) with snagging the big trail campsite. If nothing else, I'll make sure I get there first (Sarah has the punctuality of an American airlines flight in a Chicago snowstorm) and stake our claim over it for the weekend. I am all about keeping things as cheap as possible, so trail camping is always a :thumbsup: to me.

#59 ·
Yeah come on down!

#67 ·
Really random but me and my boss were driving up to galloway's 4x4 up near you and I saw your jeep. Well we passed you. You were about to turn left at a stoplight by what looked to be a gas station (exxon or amaco?) that had gone outta business. We were in his 4runner so I didnt have the Jeep :thumbdown:. Probably sometime in Feb. I think.

Ill probably get there sometime early Sat morning. All depends on if Patrick goes and if we follow each other I guess.

#61 ·
Not yet. lol.

#62 ·
Working on it. Trying to find out whats best for everyone. We set up to meet at the El Dorado Outpost Saturday morning/night and Sunday morning.

I will probably set up a time on sunday for lunch. Im gonna make sammiches for everyone that wants one.

#64 ·
I havent updated the list.

Everyone needs to post what times are good to meet up. I'm fine with around 11 or 12. I'm leaving on saturday morning bright and early. Or maybe friday evening.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.