Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

XJ Leather Seating

4K views 23 replies 21 participants last post by  ericxj1999 
#1 ·
Just curious to know if any 97-01 XJ's came with factory Leather seating, or if there is any certain year Grand Cherokee seating that will directly swap in.

#2 ·
ive seen a 00 XJ limited with the factory infinity sound system with leather. i was considering buying it but it was just outta my price range. i believe the any seat from a ZJ will bolt up into a XJ

#4 ·
Leather makes me sweat like Kanye West at a David Allan Coe concert...

#8 ·
Yep, the seat is a direct swap if I remember right, I don't think the brackets are though. A friend of mine wanted WJ seats in his XJ, that was a fun. :rolleyes:

#21 ·
I've been keeping a lookout for WJ heated leather seats at the JY to replace mine, I miss having the heat in the winter.

My 2001 Limited has heated leather seats. I looked for a long time before finding my ideal XJ. If you want pics I could add some later....
Mine too, but the heaters stopped working

#11 ·
#14 ·
Hi,
Every Limited Cherokees (every Limited badged Jeeps as well) have factory leather seats standard.

As from what I've read, in a 97-01 xj any seats from a 93-01 xj will fit, for zj and wj seats they will fit in the bolts but you will have to cut and redo the wiring. The back seats will fit tight but you will have to drill some holes to make it fit (as the fixation is not the same due to the 2/3 seat folding)

This is a link I found that is talking about it, I think you can also find some posts on the forum

Leather Power Heated Grand Cherokee Seat Swap | Loose Nuts Blog & Discussion at Jp Magazine

#22 ·
I found leather at the JY. They were nice. Only problem I have is I have a two door and they came from a four door so no leaning the seat forward to get in the back. I used a close match on the passenger side from a ZJ, but I do not like it as much its bigger and so you have a lot less space.

#23 ·
i have wj leather seats on my xj front seats are easy change your tracks if you dont have power seats on the xj is 3 wires on the wj just splice the red one to a hot wire and you will have heated seat, the back is more complicated need to remove the t50 bolts that hold the seat belts and (7/16) and attached the backreast of the bench, and for the botton of the bench drill holes inthe lip of the storage and attacf the bench need to trim the plastic base of the bench to make it fit done.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.