Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Wheels

1K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  ef1992 
#1 ·
I see Soft 8's are extremely popular among Jeeps. Is there a specific reason why?

What other brands and types of wheels do a JGC well?

#4 ·
i got mine for about 45 a wheel
you can get them as cheap as like 30 something a wheel

Eagle Alloys 185 and 140 series look awesome on jeeps i think
also mickey thompson soft 8 style wheels look good on SOME jeeps, i dont think they make black though
and several american racing wheels look good as well

i've also seen kmc rockstar rims on a couple grands, but you gotta kind of have the whole blacked out look going on and have a big enough lift to rock larger low profile tires, i think the smallest size they have is like a 17"

#11 ·
I just got the new Black Rock Soft 8's... $49 per wheel but that is with black centercaps included. 15x8s with 4" backspacing. Looks perfect on the ZJ.

However... these wheels are 27 lbs. each!! Stock canyons were 16.5 lbs. each. BIG difference there!

#13 ·
With bigger wheels and tires you will actually lose some power. And I love my Canyons so they ain't going nowhere. You can keep your soft 8's. I like alloys.

I have been wondering though, is the reason people go to them for looks or can you fit wider tires on them? I hadn't really paid attention to these things. I thought they were the same width as the stock alloys.

#16 ·
I have been wondering though, is the reason people go to them for looks or can you fit wider tires on them? I hadn't really paid attention to these things. I thought they were the same width as the stock alloys.
Most get different backspacing to push the wheel out to prevent rubbing when they have a lift. The steel wheels also will take a lot more abuse offroad. The only real downfall is that they are heavier.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.