Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

lift kit questions (small as possible)

2K views 23 replies 9 participants last post by  Brian96 
#1 ·
What lift kit will I need to be able to fit some 37x13.50 pitbull rockers without rubbing? I'll have fullwidth d60 front and 14 bolt ff rear with 3 inch fender flares front and back from poison spyder. Keep it as low as possible for stability on the trail and reliability.

#12 ·
I'm confused.

I guess that, after reading the parts listed in his post, and then what he's asking, I just assumed he was trolling. And then, I remembered that buying stuff doesn't make you an expert.

But then I thought, "How the hell do you get invested to that point and then try and figure out your lift/set up?" and then I remembered not everything on the interwebs is true.

I think Joe said it best - Don't be a dork.

#13 ·
I'm confused.

I guess that, after reading the parts listed in his post, and then what he's asking, I just assumed he was trolling. And then, I remembered that buying stuff doesn't make you an expert.

But then I thought, "How the hell do you get invested to that point and then try and figure out your lift/set up?" and then I remembered not everything on the interwebs is true.

I think Joe said it best - Don't be a dork.
Im not trolling im just asking which lift kit and size would be best to fit a 37 inch pbr with some 3 inch fender flares. Haha a little misunderstood... and I think I'll stick with leaf springs looking at the pricing for coilover kits. Im thinking like a 2.5 inch lift? Or would I want to do a 3 or 4 inch lift?

#14 ·
Here's my setup with 4 inches of lift, now keep in mind mine a sua with 30/8.8 combo (I know the Dana 30 and 37s is a no no but I am only running a 2.5 and have chromo shafts up front) I am sure I could run smaller lift if I where to properly bump stop it!

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum

Attachments

#16 ·
Brian96 said:
Thats a sweet jeep! What beadlocks do you have on there? It looks really good. That's pretty much exactly what I'm looking at doing. How stable is it on the trail??:2thumbsup:
Thanks, and it's very stable IMO (for running a 95 wheelbase). The bead locks are a DIY kit that a local fab guy with a cnc table made!

[]||||[]

#18 ·
Zte87 is a perfect example of you don't have to go SOA with fulls to have a very nice DD and trail rig. I have nearly the same set up he does except I am running 35's and out on the highway or on the trail it handles and performs great.

View attachment 618125

View attachment 618126
Yeah im going to go dana 60s and trim them down to jeep width to keep them the right width. What fender flares are you guys running? They look like the same ones or at least very similar.

#22 ·
Brian96 said:
And looking at your profile pic of your jeep it looks like you've run pbrs and toyo open country mt's, which do you prefer? I was looking at both but im leaning towards the pitbulls. Im looking for just straight off road performance, ill be using the rig as a DD but I don't really care if they're noisy or harsh I'll still drive it!
Pbr hands down for off road!

[]||||[]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.