Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

I made a _____ for my TJ! (post your homemade Jeep stuff here)

3M views 4K replies 1K participants last post by  neto_09 
#1 ·
just thought it would be a neat idea if someone could start a thread with only pics and info on home mods. write-ups wouldn't have to be included but a link to one would be nice if it is available. if someone likes the idea, start it up!

#2,238 ·
front winch bumper and hi-lift mount. working on a steering box skid, rock sliders, rear bumper, and if I can figure it out gas tank skid.

Attachments

#2,248 ·
Those are maritime knots; I grew up in a fishing town, and one of the fishermen made a 6 foot cross out of that stuff that our church hung behind the baptistry. They are really cool, but I never learned how to do that. Man I would buy a set of them if you were reasonable on them. Seriously PM me.

#2,252 ·

removed all the clutter from rear hatch.

Bolted tire carrier directly to bed of jeep using the rear seatbelt bolt. Will support upto a 33x1050 tire (size tire I'm going up to after lifting). Approx 3inches of room to spare on sides and where hatch is (tire in picture is a 30x950) I also threw my 31x1050 AT2's on it and there was still plenty of room for a much larger tire.

Now has a rubber spacer to prevent carrier from rocking and makes the whole setup extremely secure. I stood on it and rocked back and forth, and there is zero movement.

#2,258 ·
I ran outta room in my dash, and console area a long time ago. I needed some place to put my Trans. Temp. gauge, so I used a little ABS & fiberglass. Hacked up my change pocket in the console & a few hrs later + 3 coats of bedliner I was done. One off, home grown gauge pod for the lower center console.

#2,265 ·
shaved 4-6 inches off by makeing a new bumper from 3/8 angle,shortened the hitch a lot.what a pita it was..noticed 10 lbs of dirt in the frame so made some clean outs on the end,then made some frame clean out covers,,then wheeled the crap out of it sat..big diffrence in the departure angle:highfive:

#2,266 ·
Home-made track bar mount

Rather than spend the $$ on adjustable bars, or even bolt on extensions I went this route, much beefier than original.

This has my rear end "spot on" as far as centered after lift.
(now how to keep my pants up with-out suspenders)

#2,384 ·
Rather than spend the $$ on adjustable bars, or even bolt on extensions I went this route, much beefier than original.

This has my rear end "spot on" as far as centered after lift.
(now how to keep my pants up with-out suspenders)
Keep an eye on the stock bracket. I've seen a few of those rear trackbar brackets torn off (TWO of them were mine). One of mine tore the metal right above the weld to the tube, the other ripped back from the control arm portion. The higher attachment point of the trackbar puts more leverage on that bracket.

#2,267 ·
Buy it? Why? I have a welder! Love the trckbar upgrade I am thinking about taking my stock track bar and cutting an end off then sleeving it, and put a heim on the upper end. tadah adjustable!

#2,282 ·
Finally got the time to make an interior light cut-off switch. I plugged jumpers in place of the fuse, and added the switch & an inline fuse (replaced with 10 amp - OEM was the same).

It turned out very clean IMO. No intrusion of the glove box, and I can reach it from the drivers seat. :D

#2,311 ·
Those look great they are exactly what I would like to replace my MickyThompson II original (chromed/rusted junk) wheel centers with. Think they would fit?

#2,304 ·
I mean i get the whole "your jeep your style and what you want to do with it" but theres a line between cool and different and just cheap and silly...I dont mean to be a jerk but i feel bad for that TJ...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.