Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

I made a _____ for my TJ! (post your homemade Jeep stuff here)

3M views 4K replies 1K participants last post by  neto_09 
#1 ·
just thought it would be a neat idea if someone could start a thread with only pics and info on home mods. write-ups wouldn't have to be included but a link to one would be nice if it is available. if someone likes the idea, start it up!

#2,307 ·
I did stuff like that when I was 16.
I'm just assuming he must be a kid who doesn't know any better yet.....

If he is over 25 years old then I say WTF , OMG , YGTBKM...... I made that last one up( You Got To Be Kidding Me)

#2,308 ·
Yea i mean if he is just learning how to weld and fabricate then he is a few steps ahead of me since i dont have a welder or anything to fab with. Lets just hope he is a kid that doesnt know any better...

#2,313 ·
[QUOTE
(if you want to follow the build
Thank you for the invitation but I am going to have to pass.[/QUOTE]
Really?You mean you're gonna pass that up?:rofl:
I'm following just for the laugh factor.
Seriously,instead of laughing and OMG'ing..we should let him know that there IS help out there.Do seek out advice BEFORE doing something to shame your TJ.:thumbsup:
Wolf,if you read this...the bumper looks goofy,too long and just real ugly,looks terrible:thumbdown:.I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder,but in this case,get a second opinion.:cheers:

#2,312 ·
As much as I want to go off about how tasteless and hideous that monstrocity really is to me, we all have to realize that everyones' styles and tastes are different. It may be a work of art to him, therefore I say kudos to having what you want (If that is what you wanted).

To me it's akin to someone else listening to nickleback, I may shake my head and ask why, but in the end it's all about individual preferences.

-I just wouldn't brag about either, in my opinion...

#2,319 ·
I have a blank sheet of plexiglass just incase i ever bust my rear window out on the trail or someone messes with it. I was driving down the road and it must have fell off a truck but i got a free $50 sheet of plexiglass. Go to Lowes and buy a sheet and make one until you can afford the actual glass. Just an idea!!!!

#2,321 ·
Insurance will pay for that window and they will come out to your house today and fix it....

Butt yet again young kids ( 25 and under)don't always cary full insurance.

The back window of my truck was broken .. wind damage ... No really ... wind caught the bed cover and broke the glass.
the insurance had a place nearby who came out and fixed it before dinner... No charge .. No rate hike ..

#2,324 ·
I think it counts as a safety issue ( or something )and the deductible doesn't apply .
I don't remember having to pay my deductible.

Give them a call It wont hurt to ask.

#2,327 ·
Correct! Well it's not a lie when a politician does it! :D

#2,333 ·
LOL.......NorthWhiteWolf.....I'll say this much you are a good sport. If your Jeep works for you thats all that matters, but it does look unusual, to say the least. Jeep-on!

Just curious, are those huge flares there for some huge tires that you swap in when you go offroad?

#2,335 ·
Rifle rack made from an old suction cup type. Not very fast to get into action but solid on the trails. Holds 2 rifles or Fishing poles. spare shafts etc. Bolted to the floor and I can still get the rear seat in if needed.

And the rifle used mostly. (i like to show it of cause its one of my builds 308 caliber)

#2,336 ·
4 lunch breaks, a couple coffee breaks, a sunday off of work and poof.. A little free time turns into this. a new bumper.

#2,338 ·
thanks. it was a fun build

#2,360 ·
nice work but i am not sure having a convex end is the best idea (unless i am not understanding what your plans are).

where the puck typically goes, it will mount to a flat area against the body. i would worry about the convex portion of the puck creating too much stress on the tub without giving enough support for the forces applied there.

-i know yours is not a big lift but---
larger body lifts on tjs have sometimes been known to crack and star the tub at the body mounting surfaces and break through. going with a type of puck that does not use all the support area available might do the same thing even though its only about one inch lift.

i have seen this a couple of times only and the problem is real. both times have been with a 3" body lift. on one, the body shifted while strapping someone out of a hole.. i don't know how the other one failed. probably was not maintained... loose bolts i suspect.

the body does move and flex at the rubber mounts, a pointed punch goes through metal easier than the blunt end.

please don't think i want to dump on your efforts. i would like to save you some trouble later. :wave:

i have been playing with the same tj for over 14 years, now that jerry's tj is gone, i have the oldest one i know of... what i am saying is i have been around tjs for a long while and wanted to warn you of the possibilities of the tub failing if not properly supported.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.